2-3 pounds a week weightloss in 5 tips just by sharpening your grocery shopping skills! Purchase more: lemons, teas, fiber, fish and buy packaged items with high potassium content.
Reading Food Labels
- Sodium values should always be less than Potassium values. (Sodium values under 200 mg and Potassium levels, above 300 mg.) Juice from half of lemon squeezed into glass of water will help body rid of excess sodium.
- Choose foods with Mono/Poly unsaturated fats (plant based oils): Olive Oil, Canola and Vegetable Oil, Nuts Tofu, Soy etc.
- Consume fish four times a week, which is higher in Omega 3 and lower in saturated fats. Contrastly, consume Beef, Pork, Poultry, Chicken three times a week.
- Drink Tea. Oolong, Green, Black teas have all been linked to weightloss due to their high tocopherol content, which contribute utlimately to how a body can more effectively utlilize calories.
- Check label for fiber on ALL prepared foods. Fiber is needed for carrying out unused fats, food products and waste. Some packaged foods have fiber content ranging from 1g-6g. The more fiber the better! (Fiber: Grains, Nuts, Fruits, Vegetables.)
Fluids are equally important to a successful diet. Consider adding 1-2 glasses of water with 1/2 to 1 whole lemon each day. (1/2 lemon for under 150 lb’s. 1 whole lemon if over 150 lb’s)
It’s important to include a variety of foods in your daily diet in order to achieve good health and reasonable weightloss.
Carbohydrates from fruits. Vegetables and whole grains. Fats should be healthy oils. Protein must be lean avg. of 4-6 oz., card deck in size.
Plan for Weightloss
- You must eat 5-6 small meals to lose weight.
- Plan for a 1400-1600 calorie diet
- Consume a eight 8 oz glasses of fluids a day.
- Exercise: Aerobic 30 minutes a day (walking, jogging, running, swimming, roller bladding, bikeriding, spinning, stairs.)
Listed below are diet plans that will help you to achieve weightloss and a healthier body.
Meal Plan, Which Calories do you Reduce?
Down Shift to 1350 Calories
Mediterranean Diet Low Sodium Meal Plan
TLC diet, You Choose the Food!
Weightloss! Easy Diet, Keep it Off!
Starting your 2009 Healthy Beginings
Tea, coffee or 4 oz glass of 100% juice.
Milk…. (choices: 8 oz. skim or 1% milk, 4-6 oz low or nonfat yogurt)
Fruit of choice
Bread….Bran Cereal or Oatmeal (low Sodium high Potassium)
Fruit with water or tea
Lunch * may avoid bread and substitute filet of fish (3 oz)
Vegetable….Pepper, Carrot or Celery sticks (1/2 cup)
Bread…. (Aunt Millies multi- grain 2 slices = 1 serving)*
Protein…2 slices turkey
Fruit…….3 slices tomato
Vegetable…..lettuce leaves for sandwhich or salad
condiment….mustard or low sodium vinagrette
Milk….1 oz cheese (optional. May trade for serving of skim milk)
Fresh Fruit Choice (Not canned!)
Lemon with water or tea
Protein and Fat…1 oz nuts (28 pieces= Almonds, Walnuts, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Soy)
Vegetable of choice
Bread… 1/2 cup cooked whole grain pasta, multi grain dinner roll
3 Vegetables (baked or steamed) condiments for cooked vegetables= Mrs Dash salt substitute, pepper, herbs
Fat…for salad = low sodium vinagrette or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Protein…3 oz lean meat, chicken breast or fish filet baked, broiled or grilled
Fruit of choice
Fluid…water or skim-1% milk 8 oz glass
wine or beer 5 oz only 3 days in the week otherwise they contain 90+ calories each. Opt for water. 0 calories!
Dessets no more than 3 in the week.
By Kimberly Crocker